Saturday, June 11, 2011

Home For the Summer

It's a brand new day! The kids are out of school for the summer and I'm home with them. We've been playing in the garden, weeding the gazillion weeds in the back yard, transplanting herbs - oh it's been fun! I planted echinacea and creeping thyme. These will come in handy come cold and flu season. They are both perennials - which means they'll produce year after year. Sustainable living - I'm all over it!

Indoors, I planted basil and dill. The basil is taking off. It should be at least 6 inches tall before trying to harvest any leaves. Looks like it won't be long now. The dill on the other hand, looking a bit yellow. I packed in some coffee grounds around it yesterday. Today it is standing and looking perky - but still yellow. Is this normal for dill?

So, I watch and I wait. I'm new to this gardening and planting thing. I guess in 5 years or so I'll be an expert!

No comments:

Post a Comment